About DayStar Life Center
DayStar Life Center, an all volunteer organization helping needy families in Hernando County.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
DayStar Life Center is a ministry of St. Anthony’s Church. Our mission is to provide life’s basic needs:
100% of our funds go back into the community. We can do this because we are an all-volunteer organization in operation since 1983 (the Daystar on US 19 in Spring Hill closed 7 years ago and was not connected to us).
WHERE DOES THE FUNDING AND FOOD COME FROM?
Our funding comes primarily from our thrift store sales. Additional help comes from generous organizations like:
- Sam’s Club
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) which is sponsored by Mid Florida Community Services.
Besides these donations, we also benefit from food drives from:
- St John’s Episcopal
- St. Anthony’s in Brooksville
- United States Post Office’s “Stamp out Hunger” food drive each Mothers Day weekend
- JD Floyd “Builders Club”
We receive financial aid from:
- St John’s Episcopal Church in Brooksville
- First Presbyterian Church
- First United Methodist
- Hernando Oaks Annual Christmas Food Drive
- United Church of Christ in Spring Hill
- DayStar individual Patrons and Supporters.
This generosity helps us continue our mission.
This year we will assisted over 3000 families and passed out 35 tons of food.